Translate

1 Apr 2012

Flying Fish…

This is my 1st craft mobile(quilled or otherwise)



For this project, I experimented with two contrasting colours - fluorescent green and dark orange.


 I crimped the orange strip and pasted it over the fluorescent one and then started to quill. 



The small fish is made of 2 tight coils (mouth and triangular body), the fins are quilled tears and the tail is made of 4 swirls(half loose coils) pasted on both side of the fish's body.


The big fish is made of 2 loose coils, the fins with rounded triangles and tail with 4 swirls of different lengths pasted on upper side of the body.


The 3rd piece isn't a fish(obviously you can see that), but i wanted to balance out my craft mobile(and I had run out of paper to quill another fish), hence I quilled a marquise(eye).
{the way I look at it is - its dad, mom and their egg.. ;-) }


Once all the 3 pieces were ready, I coated them with silver glitter.



Finally I made a loop in the golden ribbon and pasted the 3 pieces on it. AND we are DONE..

                                                                                                                             -May ART be with you©





4 comments:

  1. Very nice quilling work. Love the fish! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Crystal,

      Thank You so much, it means a lot to me, especially coming from a excellent artist like you...

      Delete
  2. This is great - so unusual and eye-catching! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Philippa,

    Thanks for being so kind to visit my blog and share your comment on my post...

    Its a pleasure to browse through your 290+ post on your blog...

    Thanks for inspiring me...

    ReplyDelete