Translate

22 Apr 2012

Paper GEMS!!!!

My latest addiction is paper jewelry, cant stop thinking about it, nor can stop making it

I learnt watercoloured paper jewelry makng from Ross Barbera's blog. I loved the idea so much that I had to try it. 

So here is my take on her art. I made these four pendants.
I used drawing paper and three water colours - blue, green and yellow to make these.

I randomly dabbed colours(mixed with water) on the paper till the entire sheet was covered. Once done, I sprinkled cooking salt on the colours (this gives the textured look) and left it to dry over night.
Once the sheet was completely dried, I scrubbed off the excess salt and cut out two pieces of each shape desired (for front and back)
I also cut out the two exact same shape of each piece in plain paper.  So I had four pieces of each shape.

I pasted the black string in between the two plain paper pieces and stuck them together with glue.
Once the string was firmly attached, I pasted the coloured paper pieces on front and back of the base pendant (made of plain paper with sting in between) and left them to dry overnight.
Finally I coated them with varnish. 
And they were ready to be flaunted!!! 

 ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Self Rating - 7.75/10
Status - Happy, but need to so better
Tip - sprinkle the salt when the colours are wet, or the textured effect wont come

So try it and let me know how it goes.



                                                                                                -May ART be with you©

5 comments:

  1. Very clever..looking so cute..thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Khadija,

      Thanks so much....they are alot of fun to make...

      Im going try in other colors and shapes too...

      Delete
  2. It looks beautiful .Very unique work of art.
    Thank You so much for following my blog
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sonia,

    Thank you for your valuable comments...

    Your blog is a treasure for DIY tutorial, hence I thank you for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/realisticart/ Here is the link to the group on facebook that Ross Barbera mentioned to you. All of his videos are on YouTube. Youtube Ross Barbera.

    ReplyDelete