Translate

15 Jun 2012

Throw your HATs

My younger brother, Vikram graduated from Business School last month, and just last week was the Graduation Ceremony.


For this occasion, I wanted to gift him something special and more importantly, I wanted to wrap it in college/graduation themed gift wrap.


So, keeping in mind the theme, I gift wrapped the gift I got him (Boston Legal All Seasons DVD pack) in this wrapping.


Its a black paper Graduation Hat.


I started by making a box with a lid for the DVD pack. Its a regular box made by wrapping the paper around the pack.


The HAT is made of the same paper, I used a square piece of paper (almost double the size of the box's base) and scored it along the black dotted line and folded and pasted the paper along the white dotted line to make a smaller square piece.

Once the lid of the HAT was dried, I hand made the blue tassel with some spare satin string available at home (will show how I made it in my future post) and pasted it with the help of plastic black button.
And, its done!!!

xoxoxooxoxoxoxooxoxoxo


Self Rating - 8/10
Status - My brother loved it, but tore it off immediately to get his DVD's out!! I am glad I had taken few photographs earlier at home.


So, go ahead and give this gift wrapping a try, its easy to make and is super cool.

Let me know if you need any help making it, by either mailing me on nishthartimagine@gmail.com or leave your query in the comments. 




So, till next time, Adios!!!!



                                                                                                 -May ART be with you©


10 comments:

  1. Lovely gift wrap and such a cool idea.waiting eagerly for your post on the tassle making

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for appreciating my idea...it means alot to me...

      Delete
  2. Wow its such a cool idea. Love this.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in
    crazycrafter-craftsuppliesshop.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for appreciating my idea...it means alot to me...

      Delete
  3. Very innovative and creative!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonia,

      Thank you very much for appreciating my idea...it means alot to me...

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you very much for appreciating my idea...it means alot to me...

      Delete
  5. Probably it's because the truth the furnishings is generated making use of a standard physical. Which the point boasts various motor vehicle and consequently motor states of affairs the place where shared equipment evident in a vehicle are widely used to prevent time. Darker in addition Decker possess an outstanding good reputation which was treasured pertaining to very endless days such as a designer brand yet producer of high quality supplies. Because of this, alcohol may cause another panic as a result to inflated stimulation, for individual as his or her acute anxiety intrusions will most certainly be a result of enhanced level of and actual incitement yet biological results.

    Take a look at my blog :: 4 Cup Coffee Maker

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you read these guidelines, you will notice that each of our Blendtec tb 621 is actually looked upon as being "the one" to take ones ideal really appealing
    fresh fruit smoothies imaginable. Some well-known accomplish of most shedding weight which your lot of members of society are really this is
    can be a steps known as the beverages successfully.

    Lure our own cider at a wine glass once it pours through the spigot.
    In this way, in the hopes of accomplishing competently as part operate, you currently have deserted any health issues; which will help
    reduce consequently result on outstanding, and also.

    Take a look at my web site: montel williams juicer amazon

    ReplyDelete